N'awlins. Crescent City. The Big Easy. New Orleans is full of culture and at the heart of this culture is cocktails.
Immerse yourself in the magic and mystery of the city with this expanded and updated guide to the best bars and cocktails of New Orleans. With over 100 cocktail recipes that take advantage of local flair, New Orleans Cocktails features signature creations by the best mixologists in the Big Easy, inspired by Crescent City musicians, writers, and revolutionaries alike. Inside you’ll find:
- More than 100 of New Orleans' most exciting cocktails and bartender originals, including New Orleans classics like the Sazerac (at the Sazerac Bar, of course), Arnaud's twist on the French 75, and drinks inspired by the city's history, like the absinthe-filled Jean LaFitte Cocktail
- A brief history of New Orleans cocktails
- Soundtrack suggestions to transport you to the birthplace of Jazz
- Bartending techniques and preparations to make exquisite cocktails at home
- Tips for the first-time New Orleans visitor drinking their way around the city
- Cocktail terminology for understanding what you hear and what you read
- Iconic drinks like the Classic Hurricane that will transport you to Bourbon Street
This book features invaluable insider tips from local bartenders, including a Q&A with Ann Tuennerman, founder of Tales of the Cocktail. Concoct your own authentic Mardi Gras celebration without ever leaving your zip code with this comprehensive guide to the art of New Orleans cocktail making.